Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sundays in My City - Happy Father's Day

Our Sunday in the City involved a visit to one of our favorite places in town The Museum of the Rockies. It's the perfect place for us to celebrate Father's Day. Right now they have an exhibit on the machines of Leonardo DaVinci. Apparently, a group of people built them following DaVinci's drawings. It's pretty cool. Check it out here.

And for more interesting cities, drop by Unknown Mami's feature Sundays in My City.



In the above photo, I decided to tinker with the original a little bit, so it is halfway viewable. I added a dry brush filter. Below is the original photo with some surface bluring to make it easier on the eyes. It was taken without a flash with low light. Also, it's a reflection in the glass of the exhibit behind my husband and son. Thus the graininess.

6 comments:

Christine Forest, M.D. said...

You obtained a very interesting effect with your dry brush. Nice post.

BLOGitse said...

Happy SIMC greetings from Casablanca, Morocco!

BLOGitsePHOTOS

jillsy said...

WOW...looks like a painting! Love it!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. I love reflection shots. They don't always love me. So I'm happy to know that my fix worked.

Jen said...

cool! nice look :)

Unknown Mami said...

I love the first picture. It looks like a work of art.