Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Little Stowaway

While we were driving down the road towards Havre, we kept hearing this buzzing sound. Madder than a hornet came to mind. The insect in question, finally came up from the storage area of our station wagon to the back seat where I was sitting. At first, I thought it was a bee. I tried to get it to go out the window, but it clung fast. I finally realized it was a hover fly after I took a few shots. He's the perfect mimic as you can see from the photos below.

2 comments:

jillsy said...

VERY cool! I've never heard of this type of fly...looks like a cross between a bee and a fly! You should definitely enter it in PW's contest. Great capture!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks. I did enter him. There's a whole bunch of things that mimic bees. It always takes me a minute to reallize what I'm looking at isn't a bee.