Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

What Stuck Looks Like

Well today I got into quite the pickle. I decided, why, who knows, that it was a good idea to go up Leverich Canyon. Did I think hum, if I get stuck up ahead and can't turn around can I straddle ice backing up? No, I thought, hey, I can get up over this by driving on the side over the still frozen ice. Very good. I could. I couldn't do again, though. My car wouldn't get up on the side of the second set of ice I encountered. Not like it was that high off the ground on the side, it just wouldn't slide up onto it. So I began to back down. And sure enough missed hitting the sides on this one and got stuck.

I'd like to say thank you to the couple in the green pick up truck who pulled me out. I don't know what I'd do without people who save me from myself. My husband was on his way, but I got out of the pickle before he could bike out. Next time, I'll know better. (I hope.)

2 comments:

Renee said...

glad you got out of your pickle!! LOL funny I am the same way probably why Carl decided I was better off in a pickup truck...rofl

VM Sehy Photography said...

I'm not sure I could handle a pick up truck, but after today, I'm thinking about it. I always think everyone is a better driver than I am. I really don't know how I get myself into these things. I guess because someone always comes along and gets me out. I'll be thinking twice (make that three or four times) next time.