Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Montana Spring Sky

Today was kind of tough for coming up with a post for Skywatch Friday. (Go check them out. Especially since this post is bound to leave you wanting warmer skies.) The past couple of days Spring, or what passes for it here, has decided to return. Of course, before it did, we were left with a taste of the summer to come. I miss it already.

I now understand why the word bleak was invented. There's no other word for it. Nothing but snow for a couple of days now. Since, I didn't think a photo of a solid gray sky would be all that interesting, and the snow wasn't swirling enough to get a good artistic shot, I decided to use the spring sky as a backdrop. Fortunately for me I found this icicle in our lilac tree, so I had my subject. I don't think it will be as happy to see the sun as I will be.

4 comments:

Raymonde said...

Thank you for stopping by and becoming a follower of A French Take, and after visiting you and browsing, I am like" yeah, somebody else who likes taking pictures of bugs!"

I am following.

If you have Facebook, add me as a friend my bug album is easily accessible there. My badge is on my right handside bar.

Have a fun Saturday. Happy May Day. xxx

Unknown Mami said...

Sending you warm thoughts.

SandyCarlson said...

Winter is way disrespecting Spring! Neat shot, though.

Hilary said...

Now that's sad. So many people are getting snow and icy cold weather. We've been very lucky so far.