I'm a bit behind in my blogging as of late. These are this years' Easter eggs. We tried something a bit different this time. Inspired by the medium my son had used in art on Friday, I decided to see how it would work with eggs.
So we mixed up some karo syrup and food coloring and painted the eggs. I liked the finished product. It looks varnished. Problem is it didn't really dry, dry. It ends up being a bit tacky. That might be solved by playing with the ratio of syrup and coloring. It did clean up nicely. The other thing I enjoyed about it was the way the coloring interacts with the syrup to form interesting patterns. (See my post, Drops of Color.) Then my husband added powdered sugar to the mix which made it sparkly. That was pretty cool. You can see that effect in the blue drop on the bottom egg.
Well, enjoy and Happy Belated Easter!