Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Couple of Rare Finds

This past Sunday we went to the duck pond at MSU to feed the ducks. This is one of our favorite things to do. My son loves it so we can out without much fuss. It's close to our house, so it's a quick trip. Then we can get outside even if we don't have much time in our day.

This past Sunday was quite an adventure. We were lucky enough to see a couple of duck breeds that are not usually around. The first photo is a wood duck. Very colorful. Especially in a sea of Mallards.

The second photo is of a crested duck. The crest is bred into the duck, so it's not an indication of breed. Best guess is it's a Khaki Campbell. His female companion does not have the crest. He is a huge duck, too. So it's almost like he's the chieftain of the whole bunch.

Then I was lucky enough to get some rare shots. The mallard coming in from flight. I love those shots when I'm lucky enough to be quick on the trigger and in focus and pointed in the right direction. It's not as easy as it looks. Then I was taking shots into the sun and caught the reflection of light off the water and the water on the duck just so. I was amazed. Finally thanks to my co-horts tossing bread very close to me, I was lucky enough to get a macro shot of a female mallard. Shows off her blue wing feather very nicely. Pretty awesome day.

No comments: