Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Views of Denver

Here are three skyline photographs of Denver. The first photograph was taken from the roof of an apartment building where my husband's parent's friends live. (Follow that?) The other two are from the atrium of the Museum of Nature and Science.

If you look closely, you can see the last three buildings in the the second and third shots are the main focus of the first shot. I was just very excited to be able to have these opportunities. Roof shots and night time skylines. I thought I was in Heaven.

Being able to view the skyline from these two different vantage points gave me a renewed appreciation for the architecture. Being on the roof allowed me to view more closely how these buildings are shaped. Before I would have said what shapes? They're tall retangular buildings. Nice to see I'm wrong for once. Also, I came away with a renewed appreciation for the overall design. I have always loved the way these buidlings are set up to reflect each other. It makes for some awesome photography. To see that at work from a distance especially from the roof shot, just brings home how much fun it is to photograph the architecture in downtown Denver.


No comments: