Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Sticky Situation

Well, since I couldn't find the eagles on Saturday, I decided to go over to Kirk Nature Area and see what I could find. It was just too pretty a day to give up altogether, so I went where I thought I could get some nice scenic shots as well as some good close up macros of new fallen snow. I was not disappointed.

My situation got sticky for three reasons. The path forks, so I went to the left as I do in the summer. It goes down a hill about 30 ft in. I forgot about that and there I stood in snow up to my hip again. OK. Plan two. I'll go up the other fork. No go. That was blocked by a fallen tree. Hum.

Oh, I know here are some burrs to photograph. They sure look cool with that lump of fresh snow on top. They sure do stick to the gloves. Sigh. I had to get a napkin out of the glove compartment box and grab the burr with that to pull it off and keep it from sticking to my other glove.

No comments: