Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On My Way Home From School...

I saw these eagles. They were perching in this tree by the farm on Goldenstein. So I pulled over in the driveway and waded through snow back to the tree. It was worth it.

It was even worth it when I was dumb enough to step into the ditch to get closer. That works as long as the snow holds your weight. Otherwise, you end up in snow up to your hip praying that your other foot has some purchase so you can walk out because you don't want to appear to be an idiot who forgot how deep that ditch is. Hey, at least I didn't step into the bit that has water flowing through it. No dry pants so I had to wait for a couple of hours while my jeans dried. Not fun, but still, it was quite the adventure.

Click on the images below to view a larger image.


2 comments:

Gwen said...

Awesome Shots Vickie!!! I'm so glad you caught him/her on film - I enjoy seeing them each time I can.
Gwen

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks Gwen! I was very excited. One of my friends suggested I put together an eagle calendar next year. I'd like to, but I need some more shots. So here's hoping there's more sightings this winter.