Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bohart Ranch

I took these photos when I went hiking up at Bohart Ranch a couple of weeks ago. I always go cross country skiing there, so I thought it would be nice to see what it looks like without snow. Very pretty.

I have never noticed this carving before. Probably because it is covered in snow. Also, because I don't tend to go by Jane's Gate much. It's straight up a hill that leaves me very winded, so I tend to go around the loop that's halfway up. Easier and I can ski a bit longer that way.


I found this bee crawling on this flower that had lost its pedals, but not it's pollen. Looked like a good choice for some late season pollen gathering.


This darn squirrel gave me a heart attack. Well, fortunately, not literally. I'm walking up this narrow trail that I've never been on before because I couldn't ski that far if I wanted to, when I hear thump. Thump?! OK. Nice bear?! I look around, I don't see anything. Then thump, thump, thump. Sigh. Fine, I'm out of here. So I start heading back figuring it's probably a squirrel throwing nuts down, but who wants to take their chances. On the way down, I stopped to photograph some backlit leaves. When I look up, he's in the middle of the trail. Well, at least I confirmed my suspicions and got some really awesome pictures.

No comments: