Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

More From Northern Montana

These are more pictures from our trip to Choteau and Bynum.

This was taken at Sun River. It's a Belted Kingfisher.

This is near a pool of water along the highway. We had stopped to take photos of the waterbirds in it. Unfortunately, the area is very marshy and is covered with this wild grass and thistles, so I couldn't get close enough to get decent shots of the birds. It's very pretty. I didn't see any reason to step off the rough path that had already formed from other people taking a look.

I caught this butterfly at the marker for Egg Mountain. There were about six of them all over this plant, but the others had left by the time I got my camera out of the car.




1 comment:

VM Sehy Photography said...

I believe that the above butterfly is a wood nymph. I can't quite narrow down what type.