Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Cool Visitor

Well, today we went to the Sweet Pea Festival at Lindley Park. We had quite a good time until it rained out of nowhere. While we were there we were accosted by a dragonfly. Well, he zoomed in on Hawk then came back around and landed on Chris. Check out the photos below. I think Chris must have had him on his arm for at least 3 minutes. He even walked around with him for awhile, but the wind eventually blew him off.





Click on this photo for a larger image.


2 comments:

forestwalk/laura k said...

very cool!!! bite of bozeman sounds like a pretty fun day too...hopefully it's a little cooler there than down here in HOT HOT florida!!

i love your insect pictures...especially dragonflies! i love taking pic's of them!

i'll spend a little more time here...and check things out further! thanks! it's nice to be in touch with others who share the same love of nature and all the interesting little things that many people don't even give a second look! :)

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comments. I actually blew up the middle photo into an 8 x 10 to hang in my house. And the last photo is August in my calendar this year. I was stoked when the dragonfly landed on my husband.

Unfortunately, we didn't spend a lot of time at Sweet Pea this year, so I didn't end up with any cool insect shots from this year's festival.

I concur that a lot of people don't slow down long enough to notice the little things. What gets me is a lot of times if someone does notice I'm photographing insects, they'll either dismiss it or run off screaming. Good gravy.