Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Battle Ridge Cabin

Today, I ran across a sign that said Battle Ridge Cabin 1/2 mile. I thought cool, a historical cabin. Not thinking. The sign on the gate said road access restricted. OK. Well, I stopped to take a look around. It didn't say private property so I went up to see what the nearest sign said. It said Forest Service Land behind this sign. OK. Is it private until then and how does that work?

Well, I should have been deterred I guess, but I figured I'm not tresspassing. My tax dollars pay for this space. I got up there and I thought, hum, this is odd, seems awfully well kept. Well, there are three buildings up there. One is like a huge storage shed and it looks like someone broke in there. Nothing in there that I can tell. The other is a smaller cabin that is boarded up. The last one is a newer cabin with a parks deptartment type bathroom. This is all fenced in, and then I realized this is one of those cabins the forest service rents out. Duh! I can't get used to that. Well, there didn't seem to be anyone up there, so I snapped a few quick shots and then headed back down. On the way down, a forest service truck drove by. I just smiled and waved. Apparently they didn't care. If you want to rent it, you can click on the link below. It's pretty cool.

http://www.bozemannet.com/bozeman_cabins/battle.php

Very nice scenic of the Bridger Mountain Range on the way up.


Sorry so dark. This is the new cabin. Looks roomy.

Not sure what this is. I think it's a plant bug of some sort. Note the short wings.

This is a very unusual fly. May belong to the tachinid family.

No comments: