Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Personal Experience

Well, here's another shot of pine borer damage. This one comes from our own pine tree. Yes, it's toast. We're trying to figure out if we should cut it down ourselves or call a tree service. I think my husband is going to do it. Well, if you look closely, you can see a bunch of small very clean holes. These are exit holes. To the right of the photo is a hole with sawdust around it, that's an entrance hole. I was looking closely at one of my photos taken earlier today and I think I have a beetle in sap. I'm going to take the photo again tomorrow since the one from today is not that focused. If so, that will be exciting. These beetles are hard to spot. I also have an ant in sap which I hope to get a better shot of tomorrow. I feel for this tree, but I guess it's not a total waste.

No comments: