Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bits of Winter








I wanted to supplement yesterday with a kind of contradictory post. I have included two pictures of my adventures so far this winter. While my outings can be few and far in between, I try to make the most of them. The shot of the leaves I took in a meadow outside my home. I love the way the leaves just scoop up the snow.

The shot of the tree formed with lights is from my hometown of Charles City Iowa. It was taken when I went home this Christmas. There used to a real tree covered with lights. This is just as cool in it's own way. For this posting I have linked back to my website which has photos of the swinging bridge which was a landmark in my hometown for over 100 years. Sadly, it was lost to flood damage this past June. I encourage everyone to check out this page for a slice of my hometown.

No comments: